My Blog List

Family

Family

The Girls

The Girls

google search

Poppy Seed Fabric

Photobucket
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!
Todays Creative Blog
Tip Junkie handmade projects
kojodesigns
Powered by Blogger.
The Shabby Nest

Search This Blog

create

It's Overflowing

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cake Stands and Cookie Displays


Christmas time is always a crafty time of the year. 
I hit the thrift stores during the day while the girls are at school.
And at night my husband and I work on transforming our thrift store finds. 


I love the way everything turned out.  
It was a lot of fun sneaking around and hiding our gifts from the girls.


I was able to sneak in some felt cookies, donuts and tea bags. 
Trying to find the felt goodies at the store was not an easy task.
They didn't fit our style or our budget. 
The felt food turned out to be a lot of fun to make. 
I'm adding it to the list of go to birthday presents. 

Tea for me, too
Homemade felt cookies, donuts and tea bags

E-6000 adhesive was a late night find and ended up saving the cake and cookie displays.
I tried other glues and nothing worked as well as E-6000.  
I picked it up one night at Michael's  before I tried gluing at all and boy was I glad I did. 
I will never use another adhesive for similar projects. 


I decided to use a modified cute curtain rod holder for the top of the of the cookie display. 
I drilled a hole in the top plate before painting and assembling the display.
The curved end of the curtain rod holder was cut off and glued in place. 
To save the flower during spray painting, I covered it with aluminum foil.  


I can't wait to make more and share all the details. 

2 comments:

  1. Saw you over at the TCB linky party- love all those felt goodies, great idea. I've gotten a little carried away with the plate stand project, so easy and fun, aren't they?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on Tipjunkie - What a great way to upcycle old finds. I am afraid I am not one of those clever people able to imagine how the old object will turn out…I am trying. The cake stands are lovely – and the little holder is very clever indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...